Friday, May 9, 2008

Loooking Gooood!


Well, I don't know how clear this pic is, but this is the basic set-up. I think you can see how swollen my hand is, too. I'm wearing my basic uniform - a super large men's muscle shirt (thank you, Johnna!) cut down the side and pinned back together. Very chic. Hey, at least this week we've managed to add a bra to the ensemble (thank you, Mom).

I'm actually feeling a lot better, for the most part. Today I got a shower, then Tom took me out to lunch and to Barnes & Noble. This little outing wore me right out! I went home and crashed hard for about 2 hours. Earlier in the week, Wendy took me out for Cinco de Mayo, with a similar result. It's just been nice to escape the confines of this house (that gets a little messier ever day) for a little while.

I'm feeling so much better in general, that the pain catches me by surprise, now. I'm very uncomfortable getting in and out of the car, for example. But much worse than that are the showers - more specifically - getting dressed after the showers. Because the brace is hard plastic, I am allowed to shower in it - so up till then, it's good. But after my shower we have to remove the brace, take off the "sleeve", dry my arm, put on a new "sleeve", and replace the brace. This sounds so simple, but it's still really quite painful. Then while it's still hurting, we commence with the process of getting clothing between the brace and my torso. It's a lot harder than it sounds. I will never take these things for granted again. Except, I totally will, right? Because that's how we do.

No comments: