Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hanging (with) Chad

Ever since Liv's beloved rat Rita died last year she has been begging for another one. I have been successfully putting her off for quite a few months. There were always some travel plans in the future or some perfectly reasonable explanation I could give her to make her wait "just a little bit longer".

Until now.

School has started, there are no travel plans in our future, she took complete responsibility for Rita so I have no reason to believe she can't care for a pet, she rarely asks for anything...

Last night Tom took her to the pet store and she came home with Chad.


Chad enjoys bananas and running in his exercise wheel in the wee hours of the morning.

When they got home, Tom's first words were, "so if I get a snake, it's grounds for divorce, right?"

I really, really, really, really, really don't like snakes. Really.

Once, when I was walking at Blacklick, two little garden snakes crossed my path. Truly, they were barely bigger than worms. And I froze in my tracks. I literally couldn't move for a couple minutes. When I was able to move, I hauled out of there fast. Not as fast as when the bats were in pursuit, but that's another story for another day.

I reluctantly allow the rodent in my home. Liv keeps it in her room and takes care of it all by herself. I will see Chad rarely, and he will grow on me. Probably. Rita did.

But a snake? Not in this lifetime...

2 comments:

bassislife said...

Aw, but they're so pretty...

Milk Snake

Tammy said...

So is Colin Farrell, but I don't think you want him living in our house...