Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Rock and/or Roll

So the 2013 inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame have been announced. As usual, there were some glaring omissions, but two of my oft-mentioned faves made the cut: Rush and Heart.

I have become quite the clothes whore in the past month -- ever since I started fitting into straight size clothes -- and I bought a bitchin' new blazer last night.

No, this isn't one of those random thoughts posts -- I'll pull it all together, I promise.

I wanted to wear a Heart shirt or a Rush shirt under my new blazer today, but they were both in the laundry. I bought the blazer specifically to wear over the concert shirts and geek shirts that I spend way too much money on and then only wear to the gym and to bed. I reluctantly settled on a B-52's shirt as I set out my outfit last night and went to bed.

In the middle of one of the nocturnal fiery interruptions to my sleep (every two hours like clockwork) I remembered that I have another Heart T-shirt. The one I mentioned here, but that I never wore because it was too small. I had framed it so that I could look at it every day.

Today I won't be looking at it unless I'm in front of a mirror.

And that?  Rocks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful win! When you can fit into something that used to be too small! Congrats!

Joanna Jenkins said...

High Five to you Tammy! Way to go.
Taking that shirt out of the frame and putting it on makes you and official...
ROCK STAR!
Love you girl.
xoxo jj

The Redhead Riter said...

Yep! That ROCKS!

Merry Christmas!!!