Friday, August 28, 2009

Can't You Read the Sign?

Just a couple giggles for your Friday afternoon pleasure:

I went to the hospital today for some pre-admission testing today. I found relatively convenient parking (I KNOW! Right?) and started walking into the building. I did a double take as I passed these signs:


Now perhaps I'm demonstrating my own less visible handicap, here, but doesn't it seem as though the handicapped entrance is right through that concrete? I pictures folks in wheelchairs backing up, speeding up, and disappearing straight through the barrier, like Harry Potter and his pals running through platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station to catch the Hogwarts Express.

Then there was this sign, passed on our way home from my parents' house last weekend:


I guess that might be convenient if you want to drop your animal off at the clinic while you have your back realigned and grab a quick tattoo. One stop shopping. For the animal loving tattoo enthusiast with poor posture.

16 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Those are pictures to send to Jay Leno! What a hoot.
Have a great weekend.
xo

mzbehavin said...

I worry about the intelligence of America.... ( startin with me, of course!)

Good luck with the operation...

MaryRC said...

No I can't read signs, especially bathroom signs. In vegas the new thing to mark the girls and boys room is to mark them M and W. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into the M (for Mary) mens room..

Mama-Face said...

Hahaha. I'm so happy you had your camera & that you included a Harry Potter reference! YAY.

Pre admit for you know what?

Badass Geek said...

Hey, after laying on a tattoo table for a couple hours, one may need an adjustment.

Macey said...

Good luck, Tammy with the operation!
Those signs are freakin' hilarious. Idyotes! (said with a russian accent.) : )

BONNIE K said...

I always look at signs like the handicapped signs you are showing here and I think I must be the idiot, cause I must be missing something.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I love that one stop shop. How funny. While the cat is getting work done, I'll get a re-adjustment!

Unknown said...

It's amazing how some signage makes you just crack up. In TX there are stores............are you reading "Condoms To Go". My girls took a picture, it cracked them up!

Liz Mays said...

How is it that nobody has noticed that handicapped sign issue? That is really funny!

Mandy said...

Well I'd prefer that than to see a couple each wear t-shirts that say, "I'm With Stupid" with arrows pointing at each other. :-)

I wish my job were just researching funny signs and billboards. And I could just laugh at stupidity ALL DAY LONG. Check out this gem of a site:
http://www.bored.com/billboards/

Sue said...

i love stuff like this tammy! i'm guessing that yes, like platform 9 3/4 - the unit entrance is right in the middle of those two signs!!!

Melissa B. said...

Yeah...all ya have to do is put your turbo-powered wheelchair in overdrive and ram right on thru...

Alex the Girl said...

It's like having a coffee and donut shop write next to the book shop located right next to the port 0 john shop.

Claudya Martinez said...

I want to draw a door on that concrete wall because it would make more sense than those sign do.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Too funny! Poor planning makes for good blog material.