Saturday, August 1, 2009

Runnin' all Around My Brain (Alice Edition)

Here is some of the randomness that is runnin' all around my brain this fine Saturday morning:

ALICE!!! Tonight I finally get to see Alice Cooper. Regular readers may recall that I wanted Alice to be my first concert, but my mom put her foot down. She is no longer the boss of me. School's Out, baby. I may not be Eighteen, but I still like it. I am all atwitter. ALICE!!!

Check it out: The fine folks over at The Knights of Moleskine, Spirit & Ale have invited me to join their blog as a contributor. (Flattered? Um, yeah!) I've written a post about the festival we attended last night, so stop by and check it out.

Did I mention ALICE???

Oh No! There goes Tokyo!- Guess who's opening for Alice? (I mentioned that I'd be seeing Alice Cooper in about 10 hours, didn't I?) Blue Oyster Cult. BOC. I saw them once in the 70's. It was awesome, or so I'm told. I fell asleep. Yeah. Let's go with that...

aliceAliceALICEALICE!!!!!

FestWear - did you know that my entire summer wardrobe consists of the gauzy dresses and skirts purchased at festivals and on the boardwalk? Well it does. Judge if you must, but it makes this bohemian suburbanite awfully happy. I got a new red dress last night. It's purdy.

Lines form on my face and hands... oh! was I singing out loud? Sorry! I'm a little preoccupied. You probably hadn't even noticed, bless your heart.

Big 2-0-0 - did you know I'm only a post or two away from my 200th post? I'm planning something I hope you'll find fun. Watch this space.

Only Women Bleed - Well lots of chores and errands to do before heading to the fair tonight. Did I mention I have concert tickets, too? Well I do. Goin' to see Alice Cooper, I am. Oh, Alice. It's only been 33 years since my mom said "no". Tonight I defy her! (and I'm takin' her grandbabies, too)

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Tammy, you are beyond cool!!! Alice Cooper actually got so much more fun in his and our old age! He actually scared me a bit in my teens, now, I believe him to a fun and talented artist.
Enjoy, take pictures and sending raspberries to your momma(all in love) for making you and the babies wait this long to see Alice!

Liz Mays said...

This is pretty bad but I thought Alice Cooper was too ancient to perform.

It's so nice being an adult and doing what we want to do and telling our own kids what they can't do.

Have a great time tonight!!!

Pam said...

You're going to the Festival tonight? Really? Did you know Alice Cooper is going to be there? Maybe it's not too late to tickets! ;)


Also, congrats on being asked to be a contributor on Moleskine, Spirits and Ale (did I get the name right?). That is so cool and such an honor. You so deserve it.

Mama-Face said...

Yay!! Who's Alice Cooper?

Just Kidding!! Of course I know who he is...I'm old enough for sure. And Wowzer...a contributor. I'm off to check that out.

Have a crazy good time and take some pic's if you can. If you're not having too crazy of a good time.

I am BACK!! :)

Housewife Savant said...

Hey Tammy - what're you doing tonight?






(Enjoy!)

Alex the Girl said...

Would it be redundant of me to tell you to have a whopping good time of it all? Alice AND Blue Oyster Cult? You are going to be floating come Sunday...but it will be alright (am I allowed to put that pun in there?). Have fun...inhale the air...have fun...make sure someone else drives you home...are you still reading this?

mzbehavin said...

Are you sure you wouldn't rather stay home, and wash dirty socks or something???? :-) :-)

HAVE FUN!!!! and if he throws you anything good....... like his underwear....... my mailing address is.......

:-)

dkWells said...

Alice Cooper and Million Dollar Babies was one of my High School favorites! I too wasn't able to see him by parental restriction in those days...so I got even by cranking up my stereo as loud as I could and then crank up my amp and guitar to full fuzzy blast and rock the house away!

Have fun tonight...and again...great post on the Knights of Moleskine, Spirit and Ale today! You're a very welcomed addition. Also, any of your friends are always welcome to join our Merry Band!

Sir Hook of Warrick

Badass Geek said...

Alice Cooper? NICE.

Sandy said...

I AM SO FREAKIN JEALOUS!! Oh, sorry, did I yell? I could still turn on Alice and crank it up! Still sing every word to every song....don't tell the grandkids, k? Have a wonderful time, girly, and I want to hear all about it. (Like we could stop you?)

FranticMommy said...

Rock on, girlfriend!

Melissa B. said...

Hope Alice was fun last nite. And congrats on the new writing gig. Actually, I don't remember quite a few concerts from the '70s, for a variety of reasons...

Macey said...

I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for you...
Hope you have a fantabulous time, (or had, i guess) and feed my Frankenstein and all that.
Alice rocks!

Jenni said...

WAHOOOOOOOOO!

I hope it was awesome!

Claudya Martinez said...

Man your mom is going to be sooo pissed. I hope you don't get grounded.

Grand Pooba said...

Wait, you have concert tickets? Who's concert?

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Oh, I'm a HUGE Alice fan, so I'm incredibly jealous. Hope you had a great time. Can't wait to hear about it.

My father always DESPISED "Only Women Bleed" and would always yell at me to turn it off. That was, of course, after he said, "Alice Cooper? Who's she?" :)

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Oh dear, I didn't even know he was still alive!

Have fun, I'm sure it's going to be great!

Tania (via SITS)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love your enthusiasm and that your wardrobe is made up of festival impulse buys! I love that it is never too late to defy one's mother!