Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different - Part 1

I am on spring Break, I am completely relaxed, I am not feeling remotely whiny.

For the first year since I've been teaching, my Spring Break coincides with that of my girls', so we've chosen to travel. We went to my moms for Easter, then headed out east to spend the rest of the week with (my favorite aunt) Aunt Jennie and her family. Aunt Jennie has a calming influence on me, anyway, so we were off to a good start. She's one of those people who truly loves unconditionally. Whatever I'm doing has always been good enough - she never pushed - yet she always encouraged. When I was in grad school, I spent many weekends studying in her dining room. She was so proud of me when I graduated. So were my parents. The difference is that she would have been equally proud of me if I hadn't. She always just loved me for me. Nice to have someone like that in your life.

Yesterday my cousin, Randy, hooked us up with a tour of the Martin Guitar Factory. It was really cool! Best of all, LEA loved it! She loves so little these days, so it was nice to see her get excited about something. It's neat to see a product made so close to completely by hand - this is the only factory that makes these particular guitars, and it goes a long way towards explaining why they're a little pricier than their competitors. Pictures were taken and will be posted when we get home.

We ended the day with cheesesteaks and a couple Yeungling lagers in our bellies. Ahhhhh. Life is good.

No comments: